Being pregnant is a joyous experience for mother-to-be, at the same time her body is undergoing a dynamic transformation process with numerous hormonal and structural changes within a relatively short span of time.
As weight increases, her center of gravity shifts outward and her postural compensations respond accordingly. In addition, the ligament laxity necessary for birthing adds to instability in all of her joints, including her spine and pelvis.
Dorn Method keep mother’s spine and pelvis aligned in a gentle and natural way, and provides the best possible internal environment for healthy development of the baby. Potential benefits include the following:
- Maintaining a healthier pregnancy
- Relieving back, neck or joint pain due to weight increase and biomechanical changes of pregnancy
- Reducing the time of labor and easier delivery
- Allowing baby assume the optimal birthing position and reduce the risk of having a breech birth
- Help mother remain healthy and active throughout pregnancy
- Easy and effective self help techniques empower the mother to cope better with her changing body during pregnancy